THE PONDICHERRY STATE VETERINARY COUNCIL AS ON 01-06-2016
The Puducherry State Veterinary Council is a statutory body,
established under the Indian Veterinary Council Act (52) of 1984.
2. It was introduced on June 1989 and the Register for the Veterinary Practitioner was opened on November 1992.
3. As on date there are 409 Veterinary Graduates and 21 internees have registered in the Puducherry State Veterinary
Council Veterinary Practitioners register and its details is enclosed.
4. It is a mandatory for all Veterinary graduates who practice the Veterinary profession in the Union Territory of Puducherry
registered in the PSVC Veterinary Practitioner register.
5. Temporary registration is given to the internees of Rajiv Gandhi College of Veterinary and Animal Science for the
period of internship.
6. It is empowered to monitor and oversee the practice of Veterinary profession in the UT of Puducherry.
7. The guiding principles of professional ethics and conduct enunciated by the PSVC are binding on all the Veterinary Practioners.
8.The Veterinary Council (Professional Efficiency Development ) is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme with 100% Grant-in-aid
THE SCHEME PROFESSIONAL EFFICIENCY DEVELOPMENT THROUGH THE Puducherry
STATE VETERINARY COUNCIL
a. Continuing Veterinary education to the Veterinary professionals.
a. Provisional registration of graduates.
b. Registration of graduates.
f. Conducting of PSVC meeting regularly for the above mentioned purpose.
g. Training Programme for Veterinarians.
h. Training Programme for Para-Veterinary personnel.
i. Preparing and distributing information regarding various professional activities – continuing.